Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ode to Dr. Drew

O, Dr. Drew Pinsky, with your white hair
And cool dark-rimmed rectangular glasses
Always toiling to save C-list celebs
From drugs that make them act like big asses

Your smooth affect and crisp ties calm my soul
As you cure Tom Sizemore and Heidi Fleiss
Your endless patience wavers not when forced
To treat Shifty and Jeff Conaway twice

Shall Pasadena ever again know
Such saintly works by a star therapist
Who was on “Loveline” and fathered triplets
And who is a self-proclaimed narcissist?

O how I heart you, dear Dr. Pinsky
Who else on earth could save Rod Stewart’s son?
You’re the reason I pay more for cable
For a line-up that includes VH1

2 comments:

  1. Rhyming 'therapist' & 'narcissist' earn you mongo-style points

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! And this funny poem makes me think about how many deserving targets of satire there are in popular culture. I say keep going with this genre!

    ReplyDelete