Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 In Review


Still blogging away alongside three other talented bloggers.  Each week, one of us chooses a topic and we all post a blog entry on that topic, usually on Thursdays.  (Usually we are on time.  Usually.  Ok, sometimes.)

Here are the links to the other fabulous blogs:




This week, Merryland Girl asked us to recap our top 10 favorite blog posts from 2014, with a sentence explaining why.  They’re not really in any order (though I do like my top 5).  Here we go:

(10)                  My Other Ex book review on Chick Lit Central (Oct. 13, 2014):  Even though this isn’t really a blog post on my blog, it’s a post and I’m counting it.  I really enjoy doing book reviews for this website, and I really liked the book, making writing the review really easy and really fun.  (Thank you, Merryland Girl, for the opportunity.)

(9)                  You Want Ketchup With That?  (Sept. 11, 2014):  I chose this topicwrite about 3-5 things that you used to love, enjoy doing, etc., in the past but now you don’t like.  Or, write about stuff you used to not like but have grown to enjoy.  And feel free to throw in one thing you’ve always loved and always willmostly because every time a Beatles song came on the radio, I realized I liked them more than I used to.  It was fun to think about my tastes now as opposed to my tastes back in the day, and to remember my cousin, Suzie.  And I really enjoyed my co-bloggers’ posts because I learned just a bit more about them.

(8)                  In My Life (I Love You More) (June 21, 2014):  I cheated a bit here and combined two topics I’d missed in prior weeks:  What are some of your favorite song lyrics? And why? and Careful what you wish for.  This is the post where I revealed our decision to move to Tennessee (ha!).  It was interesting to see who reads my blog based on the shock of the large number my friends who didn’t know we were moving even after I’d announced it on my blog …

(7)                   Once Upon a Time (Not So Long Ago) (Feb. 14, 2014):  Merryland Girl pushed us to write some fiction on any topic, and I chose one of my fav subjects in the world.  I have to say, I had a lot more fun writing that post than I’d expected.  Once I got going, it was easy.  And a few of you have even asked me to continue the story, which is sweet.

(6)                  Old Mother Hubbard (Jan. 9, 2014):  Another Merryland Girl topic:  she asked us to find an article in a magazine or online for something youd like to do, self-enhancement-wise and follow *at least* one of the suggestions.  This one was fun because it required us to DO something and then write about it.  This post took on a life of its own – AND I had a clean pantry and clean cabinets when I was done!

(5)                  Got to Begin Again (July 16, 2014):  That week, Froggie asked us whether life begins at the end of your comfort zone.  Her timing was perfect, as I had been pushing my comfort zone a great deal mid-year, and the topic allowed me share a story that I might not otherwise have shared. 

(4)                  Love, Me (Mar. 5, 2014):  As Merryland Girl requested, I chose to write a letter to myself from ten years ago.  Man, was I full of good advice!  If only I’d heeded it.

(3)                  You Say Goodbye, and I Say Hello (Jan. 15, 2014):  Froggie’s topic, and her timing was spot on.  She simply said, It’s all a matter of perspective.  I wrote about my first experience as a hospice volunteer, of which I was in the throes.  I appreciated the chance to process my feelings in the moment, and I loved the comments from my (five) loyal friends and readers. 

(2)                  Saturday Night Widows book review on Chick Lit Central (Feb. 26, 2014):  Oh, how I loved this book and oh how I loved writing about the book.  I’d never before done a book review, so I felt nervous, but my friends were all so supportive – as was the author, who re-tweeted my review on Twitter!

(1)                  The Only Thing to Fear Is . . . Everything (Sept. 30, 2014):  Merryland Girl asked us to write about a time we were fearless.  This post took me down a road I’d been hesitant to write about, pushing me to put on paper feelings I usually suppressed.  The kind words I received as to this post made it all worthwhile and reminded me of why I blog in the first place.


Thank you, my five loyal readers, for your support and kindness and for your comments.  I love when you, in turn, share with me.  And a BIG thank you to my co-bloggers, who are infinitely patient, interesting, funny, kind, and creative.  I consider you all my sisters in writing and my good friends.  

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Thanks for the shout outs to Chick Lit Central! You're a great reviewer.

    ReplyDelete